Dog rescued from Burnley house fire

Share this article

Firefighters were called out to a fire at a Burnley house after a pan had been left unattended on the cooker.

The occupier of the property in Holcombe Drive had gone out for the evening but fortunately a neighbour heard the smoke alarm going off at 7-45pm on Friday.

A dog was heard in the kitchen barking and after firefighters rescued the canine they switched off the cooker and extinguished the blaze.

The dog was taken outside and made a full recovery.

Breathing apparatus and a ventilation unit was used to clear the property of smoke.

The occupier returned and was given fire safety advice.