A huge fire ripped through an empty building in the Duke Bar area of Burnley in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).
The fire started around 4-30am in the three-storey building in Hebrew Road, just off Colne Road, which firefighters tackled for around four hours.
Luckily the fire did not spread to pram business next door, Tangerini.
Wacth manager Neil Ashworth said: “The fire was well alight when we got there and quite fierce.
“Flames were coming out of the upstairs windows and we used an aerial ladder platform to help fight the fire. It is being treated as suspicious and police are investigating.”
Four appliances were sent to the scene, which was cordoned off by the following morning as debris had fallen from the front of the old building.
Tangerini owner Mr Rashid Mangera said: “We have spent a lot of money on our shop front in recent years so this is very disheartening. Luckily, the fire did not spread to the business or it could have been a lot worse.
“However, we will still have to be shut for a few days because of smoke damage.”