A petrol bomber who targeted a family home in the Burnley area is facing a long term behind bars.
Paul Simpson, 33, threw two bombs at the property, in which there was said to be several children at the time, a court was earlier told. The youngsters cannot be identified for legal reasons.
Simpson, of Cog Lane, Burnley, today ( Wednesday) admitted arson with intent to endanger life, when he appeared for a preliminary hearing at Burnley Crown Court. He has a criminal record.
His barrister Robert Elias told the court:” He pleads guilty on the full facts of the case.” Mr Elias said the defendant had been “quite agitated” when he had had quite a lengthy conference with him that morning.
The barrister said psychiatric reports were requested in all cases of arson and added a report was “perhaps particularly apt in this case.”
Simpson, whose family were in the public gallery, was remanded in custody until September 7. A pre-sentence report will also be prepared for the hearing.