Court bans Nelson man from every Pendle pub and club

A MAN has been barred from going into all pubs, clubs and bars across Pendle under the conditions of a Drink Banning Order.

Magistrates granted the year-long civil order on Adam Bell, of Castle Street, Nelson, on Friday after hearing how he had committed a catalogue of drunken offences.

The 35-year-old, who was already banned from pubs in Nelson as part of the town’s Pubwatch scheme, admitted smashing a window at the Lord Nelson Hotel, in Manchester Road, on January 5th. He also admitted sending malicious text messages to his ex-girlfriend.

He was given a 12-month community order and 12-month supervision requirement after admitting criminal damage and sending malicious communication.

Drink Banning Orders could see people who are convicted of alcohol-related offences being banned from drinking alcohol in the town’s pubs and clubs for up to two years. Anyone who breaches a DBO is liable to a fine of up to £2,500.


Hide Ad

Licensing officer Sgt Michelle Dixon said: “Bell has been banned from the town’s pubs under the Pubwatch scheme, but has breached this on numerous occasions.

“Drink Banning Orders are an additional tool to help us tackle alcohol-fuelled crime and disorder. They support the successful Pubwatch schemes in place across the division and stop those people who are well known to the police and licensees from causing harm to the public while making them face up to their actions.

“I hope this case acts as a warning to troublemakers that alcohol-fuelled violence will not be tolerated and those involved could face a lengthy ban and a fine of up to £2,500.”

Mick Armfield from Pendle Council added: “The implementation of this ban will send out a clear message to other problematic members of the public that there is no place for troublemakers in licensed premises in Pendle.


Hide Ad

“We will continue to work alongside licensees to ensure pubs and clubs provide a safe, enjoyable environment for their customers.”

Anyone with information or concerns about alcohol-related crime or disorder can contact police on 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111. No personal details are taken, information is not traced or recorded and you will not go to court.