Chip pan blaze causes tea-time drama

Fire crews were called to a chip pan fire at a flat in Padiham yesterday
Fire crews were called to a chip pan fire at a flat in Padiham yesterday

Fire crews raced to a chip pan fire at a flat in Padiham on Tuesday tea-time.

Fire crews raced to a chip pan fire at a flat in Padiham yesterday tea-time.
The blaze broke out at the apartment in St Giles Street and two fire engines and crews from Burnley were called to the scene.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the flames using a hosereel and a portable fan unit was needed to extract the smoke from the property.

One person was taken to hospital suffering the effects of smoke inhalation.