Candle blamed for flat fire in Burnley

Share this article

The occupant of  a ground floor flat in Burnley had to be rescued by firefighters after a candle set fire to the property last night (Saturday)

Two fire engines from Burnley were called to the property in Bristol Street at 10-30pm and helped one person suffering from smoke inhalation from the premises.

The victim was taken to hospital by paramedics.

Crews used breathing apparatus to enter the flat and they exringuished the flames with a hosereel jet. They had to clear the property of smoke using a pressure ventilation fan and they spent an hour-and-a-half at the premises.