Burnley woman in house fire drama

editorial image
Share this article

A BURNLEY woman was lucky to escape serious injury after a fire broke out in her house while she slept.

Fire crews were called to the house in Waterbarn Street, Burnley, at 7-35 a.m. yesterday after receiving a call from a panicked neighbour.

The woman, who was asleep in the front bedroom as the fire started in the back bedroom, had to be led to safety by firefighters.

Two breathing apparatus, a ventilation unit and a hose reel were used to extinguish the fire, which damaged a small piece of carpet and floorboards, and clear the property of smoke.

An investigation has been launched.