Burnley family flees bedroom blaze

editorial image
Share this article

A YOUNG child playing with matches or a lighter is believed to have started a blaze at a house in Burnley.

Fire, which started in an upstairs bedroom, ripped through the property in Winsford Walk at 2-45 p.m. yesterday.

Luckily two adults and children who were inside managed to get out of the house unhurt before fire crews arrived after the smoke alarm was triggered.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus were sent in to put out the flames but the house was left severely damaged.

Crew manager Kieron Ogden from Burnley fire station said the bedroom where the fire started was “completely gutted.”

There was also severe smoke damage to the upstairs of the property.