Shayne Singleton said that he felt completely let down by Hayemaker Promotions after being discarded from the show in the aftermath of John O’Donnell’s withdrawal.
The 26-year-old former Sandygate amateur had been penned in as chief support for David Haye’s clash with Mark de Mori at the O2 Arena in a British welterweight title eliminator.
However, days before the fight was set to take place the Irishman went AWOL while Singleton was left without an explanation.
The former English champion’s manager Steve Woods enquired about Singleton remaining on the card but the proposal was rejected.
That left nearly 100 supporters thousands of pounds out of pocket having purchased tickets, train fares and accommodation in London.
“I found out on Wednesday that he’d pulled out,” said Singleton. “Then it transpired that they had pulled me off the show because I was the away fighter. It’s just wrong.
“It’s shocking. I had to pay out £450 alone on train tickets. Think about what other people have had to pay as well. It’s a disgrace. They’re taking money out of people’s pockets.
“They had bought tickets to watch me fight. They weren’t there for David Haye. They had paid out a lot of money. It’s absolutely terrible.
He added: “All I was asking for was a fight - it didn’t matter who against - so my fans could still go down to London and watch me.
“I would’ve been able to enjoy that experience of fighting in a big arena too but disaster struck.
“I stepped in to help them out. I was risking a lot at two-and-a-half weeks notice. My career was on the line. I helped them out and I would expect the same kind of courtesy. I was devastated.”