Woman taken to hospital after flat fire

Fire
Fire

AN elderly woman was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire at her home.

A pan left on the hob in the kitchen caught fire at 1am this morning.

Fire and ambulance crews attended the scene and the woman was taken to the Royal Blackburn Hospital where she was treated for the effects of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters spent almost an hour at the flat at Woodtop sheltered accommodation complex, in Harcourt Street, Burnley. They used breathing apparatus to tackle the fire and a ventilation unit to rid the building of smoke. Smoke damage was caused to the flat and there was heat damage in the kitchen.