Roast dinner nearly leads to fire

Latest News
Latest News

A roast dinner cooking in the oven nearly set fire to a house in Padiham after the owners left ot get breakfast.

Firefighters were called to the house in Coronation Avenue around 9am on Sunday after neighbours heard a smoke alarm.

Luckily, the fire crew arrived before a fire could start.

Crew manager Tom Meller said: “The homeowners had put a Sunday roast in the oven to cook and then gone out to breakfast.

“Smoke very quickly filled the kitchen and set off the alarm, which the neighbours heard and alerted us.

“This proves the value of having a working smoke alarm in a property. The kitchen was smoke-logged but it could have developed into a fire. We would urge homeowners to be vigilant when cooking and not leave food unattended for too long.”