POLICE are hunting mindless yobs who pushed a lit firework through the letter box of a house in Burnley last night.
The incident happened at midnight at the property in Spencer Street. Luckily five people who were in the house, parents and three grown-up children, were not hurt. Some damage was caused to the back of the letter box.
Fire bosses warned against the dangers of playing with fireworks in the run-up to Bonfire Night.
Crew manager Anthony Harrison said: “This could have been much worse, there could have been flammable materials behind the door.
“We did a fire home safety visit while we were there and fitted some smoke alarms.
“People should use fireworks correctly.”