DCSIMG

Pensioners unhurt in Burnley kitchen fire

Latest News

Latest News

 

An elderly couple were unhurt when a slow cooker set alight in their Burnley flat.

Firefighters came to the aid of the pensioners when the blaze broke out in the kitchen of the sheltered housing complex in Crow Wood Avenue earlier today.

The fire started after the slow cooker was accidentally left on a live hob at the property around 8-40am.

A spokesman for Burnley Fire Station said: “It was a small fire that was quickly detected by the smoke detectors and alerted us via the monitoring centre.

“It was accidental. The slow cooker had inadvertently been put on a hob ring and it caused slight damage to the bottom of the cooker.

“The couple were OK.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page