Mum tells of devastation after horror blaze

0
Have your say

A mum-of-two has spoken of her devastation after a fire ripped through her home destroying all her children’s toys and clothes.

Mary Disley (32) was watching television when her laptop, charging in an upstairs bedroom, overheated setting fire to a mattress just feet from where her children Ayrton (6) and eight-year-old Isabel were sleeping.

One of the destroyed bedrooms in the house in Rosehill Road

One of the destroyed bedrooms in the house in Rosehill Road

Luckily, Mary was alerted when the electricity in the house in Rosehill Road cut off, followed quickly by the smoke alarm.

The frantic mum ran upstairs to find the mattress on fire and the landing covered in smoke. The family’s two dogs, bichon Mojo and shih tju Dotty, also escaped the blaze safely.

Mary said: “I woke the kids and they ran out immediately. The dogs stayed close by and followed me out.

“Looking at the damage now, it is just devastating. When I left the house the fire was only confined to the bed, but it spread so quickly.

Mary Disley with children Ayrton and Isabel

Mary Disley with children Ayrton and Isabel

“All the upstairs rooms and everything in them has been destroyed. Isabel is really upset because all her toys and clothes have gone.”

See Friday’s Express for the full story.