DCSIMG

Frying pan fire in Padiham bungalow

Fire

Fire

A 90-year-old woman was taken to hospital as a precuation after a frying pan caught fire at her home in Padiham.

Firefighters and police were called to the Calico bungalow at 8-15pm on Friday after the woman had alerted the warden by using her direct link to raise the alarm.

Watch manager Duncan Barker-Brown said: “The pan was taken outside by attending police officers, while firefighters administered oxygen therapy to the lady.

“She seemed fine but was taken to hospital for a precautionary check. The house was a little smoke-logged but there was no real damage.

“We would advise people never to leave pans unattended while cooking, and to regularly test smoke alarms.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page