DCSIMG

Family flees Burnley bedroom blaze

Fire

Fire

A Burnley family had a lucky escape when fire broke out at their home.

The incident happened at 10-30pm last night in an upstairs bedroom at the house in Comrie Crescent.

Firefighters said the blaze started when an electric heater was placed too close to bedding.

Smoke alarms alerted the occupants and they managed to get outside before fire crews arrived.

Firefighters spent an hour at the scene and used breathing apparatus to tackle the flames. They also used a ventilation unit to rid the building of smoke.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page