DCSIMG

Burnley restaurant sign catches fire

Latest News

Latest News

The neon light outside an Indian restuarant in Burnley caught fire during opening hours.

Two fire crews were called to the Usha Restaurant in Rossendale Road around 9-45pm on Sunday.

Crew manager Simon Wright said: “Two appliances were sent.

“On arrival the neon sign on the side of the restaurant was well alight.

“Crews isolated the electric before using a hose reel and triple extension ladder to gain access and extinguish the fire. Thermal image cameras were also used to check the area for hot spots before crews left the scene. Both appliances were there for 30 minutes.”

None of the diners were said to be in any danger during the incident.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page