DCSIMG

Burnley crews tackle kitchen fire

Latest News

Latest News

Firefighters were called to the home of an elderly woman in Worsthorne this morning after she left a pan on the hob and went out.

Crews raced to Heckenhurst Avenue at 9-40am believing the pensioner was trapped inside but when they arrived found the house to be empty.

A neighbour raised the alarm after hearing a smoke detector sounding inside the property.

Watch manager Gary Hargreaves from Burnley fire station said the smoke alarm meant the damage was kept to a minimum and highlighted the importance of having them fitted.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page