Homes evacuated after Burnley house blaze

Fire
Fire

Several homes had to be evacuated after fire started in the roof space of a house in Burnley early this morning.

Twenty firefighters spent most of the night battling the fire, believed to have been caused by a faulty extractor fan.

Crews were called out at 2am and stayed until 8am to make sure the flames were completely out.

Five people who were in the property, in Albion Street, at the time of the fire were waiting outside when firefighters arrived. Three neighbouring houses were also evacuated and residents had to spend the night staying with friends and family.