Gas explosion injures three in Padiham

The Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service.
The Derbyshire Fire and Rescue Service.

A gas explosion has injured three people at a house in Padiham.

The frightening incident happened at the house in Hambledon Street at 12-50pm today (Wednesday) resulting in two of the people being hospitalised.

Firefighters found that it was a small ammonia explosion which had injured three people.

Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service spokesman

A spokesman for the fire service said: “One fire engine from Padiham attended a report of a small gas explosion at a property.

“On arrival, firefighters found that it was a small ammonia explosion which had injured three people.

“Fire crews used a positive pressure ventilation fan, and paramedics conveyed two of the three casualties to hospital. Firefighters were at the scene for about 45 minutes.”