PEOPLE enjoying the warm weather at Burnley beauty spots are being urged to make sure they clear away litter and put out cigarettes after a fire at the weekend.
Firefighters were called to Clowbridge Reservoir at 6-30 p.m. on Sunday where an area of grass had set alight. They spent an hour at the scene to make sure the flames did not spread.
Crew manager Rick Courtney, from Burnley fire station, said: “There are people up there enjoying the sunshine. We would advise them to discard cigarettes responsibly, take their rubbish home with them and not leave bottles lying around as they can magnify the sun’s rays and start a fire.”