Fire starts in Burnley workshop

Burnley Community Fire Station

Burnley Community Fire Station

0
Have your say

A fire which broke out in a Burnley workshop earlier today is expected to have caused thousands of pounds worth of damage.

Firefighters were called to the unit in Billington Road at noon after workers reported a cutting machine had set on fire.

Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire, which had started in the specialist machine’s filters, before dismantling it.

Crew manager Kieron Ogden, from Burnley fire station, said the machine was highly technical and would cost thousands to repair.