A CAR burst into flames outside the home of a Burnley man yesterday evening.
The vehicle was parked outside a property in Murray Street when the blaze broke out.
Neighbours spotted the flames and alerted the owner to the fire at 5-35pm last night.
Fire crews managed to tackle the blaze in minutes but the car was left badly damaged.
Crew manager Joel Mason, of Burnley Fire Station, said: “It just burst into flames. There was nobody in the car at the time.
“The engine bay compartment was destroyed by fire. It will be a write-off.”
He said the fire may have been caused by an electrical fault in the vehicle, adding: “We put it down to wear and tear on the wiring.”