FIREFIGHTERS were called to a Higham workshop after two vans set alight.
The owner was burning wood outside the building, in Foxen Dole Lane, off the Padiham Bypass, when wind caused the fire to spread to rubbish in front of the vehicles. The vans, one of which was a large Transit, then went up in flames.
Two fire engines from Padiham fire station attended the scene at 1-10pm on Monday and spent almost two hours tackling the fire with breathing apparatus and hose reels.
Crew manager Darren Bowers said firefighters managed to stop the fire from spreading to nearby buildings and a neighbouring field where chickens are kept.