Family of five flee blaze at Burnley home

editorial image

A FAMILY of five was forced to flee a blaze at their Burnley home in the early hours of this morning.

The fire broke out in the bathroom of Darwin Street house at 2 a.m.

The young family managed to escape the blaze which filled the upstairs of the property with smoke.

Firefighters managed to extinguish the flames but the bathroom was gutted and the rest of the house was damaged by heat and smoke.

Burnley fire chiefs said smoke alarms were not fitted in the property. A warning was issued to other families about the serious consequences of not having smoke detectors installed at home.