Family escape Burnley house blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

A FAMILY were lucky to escape uninjured following a fire at their Burnley home.

The family-of-four were already outside the house in The Spinney, off Pendle Way, when two fire crews arrived at 10pm yesterday.

Smoke alarms were activated when the fire broke out in the bedroom of the property. A woman was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation but nobody was seriously injured.

Acting watch manager Dave Robinson said: “They are very lucky that they were alerted to it by the smoke alarms or it could have been a lot worse. There was a bit of smoke damage to the first floor but the fire was confined to the bedroom. We were there for about an hour.”

Anybody wanting a free home fire safety check can book one by ringing 0800 169 1125.