DCSIMG

Burnley woman died from accidental overdose

editorial image

editorial image

A woman from Burnley who struggled for years with drug addiction died from an accidental overdose.

Simonne Swift (35) was found dead at home in Hart Street on May 15th this year.

Her mother, Julie Nicholas, told an inquest at Burnley Coroner’s Court that her daughter had struggled for a number of years with heroin.

She added that Simonne had been seeking help from addiction service Inspire.

The service reported that she had missed numerous appointments, and Mrs Nicholas said she had been told by a friend of Simonne’s that she had been struggling with her addiction.

A post-mortem examination carried out by pathologist Dr Muhammed Aslam found that Miss Swift had died from cardio respiratory failure brought on by the combined toxic effects of morphine and methadone.

Det. Insp Jim Elson told the inquest that police had found three foil wraps of diamorphine and that it appeared Miss Swift had collapsed suddenly.

He said: “We tried to discover who the dealer was but there is some work still to be done on that.”

East Lancashire Coroner Mr Richard Taylor recorded a conclusion of misadventure.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page