Chip pan blaze hits Burnley home

Fire
Fire

A Burnley home was hit by a chip pan blaze after the occupant had fallen asleep.

A neighbour spotted smoke billowing from a window and called 999 at around 10pm on Sunday.

Firefighters removed the pan from the property and windows were opened to allow the smoke to disperse.

Crew manager Rick Courtney, of Burnley Fire Station gave advice to the occupier and family on the dangers of cooking when tired.

He said: “Test smoke alarms regularly and do not leave any pan unattended and do not attempt to cook when tired or otherwise impaired.”