Camper van explodes

Caravan fire, Worsthorne
Caravan fire, Worsthorne

A folder camper van exploded outside a house in Worsthorne this afternoon (Thursday).

The incident happened when one of the owners was at home and was alerted by a neighbour that smoke was coming from the vehicle, thought to be worth around £12,500.

Thw owners, who did not wish to be named, said the vehicle was only around five-years-old. It is thought the fire, which sent flames 20ft. into the air, started in a radiator.

Three fire engines attended the incident and the blaze spread to trees in the garden and the side of the house.