Burnley candlelight fire drama

The extent of the damage caused by the house fire in Maple Bank.

The extent of the damage caused by the house fire in Maple Bank.

0
Have your say

A BURNLEY family who lit a candle when their home was hit by a power cut ended up having a lucky escape when fire started in a living room.

Mr and Mrs Kevin and Karen Sinclair and their 16-year-old daughter Emily managed to get out of the house, in Maple Bank, at 12-10 a.m. on Thursday but the lounge, at the rear of the property, was severely fire damaged.

Mrs Sinclair said she and her daughter were asleep upstairs when the fire started. She said she was just grateful they were able to get out before the blaze spread.

• Read more on this story in Friday’s Burnley Express.