Fifteen firefighters were called to a blaze at a Burnley bungalow.
Neighbours had feared someone was trapped inside the property, in Chelburn Grove, near Turf Moor, at 2pm.
Crews from Burnley and Nelson wearing breathing apparatus forced their way into the bungalow where they found a pan left on the hob, which had caught fire.
Luckily no one was inside at the time of the incident and firefighters quickly put out the fire.
A Lancashire Fire and Rescue spokesman said: “They didn’t find anyone inside the property but clearly there was a pan that had been left on the hob.”