IF you’ve got talent, Burnley wants to hear from you.
If you can sing, dance, tell jokes, do magic tricks, recite a poem, play an instrument, have a talented pet – or entertain in any way – then why not enter Burnley’s Got Talent and win yourself a fabulous £500 cash prize.
Today we launch the search for Burnley and district’s hidden talent - and if you’ve always fancied entertaining an audience why not have a go.
There will be auditons at Koko’s in Burnley for all ages and types of entertainment, from October 9th to November 3rd, followed by a grand live finale at Burnley Mechanics on November 29th.
Auditions will be filmed and around 10 from each category will be picked by a panel of judges to go online and in the Burnley Express for a weekly public vote.
Two finalists from each category will be unveiled at the switching on of Burnley’s Christmas lights, on Sunday November 20th, and will go through to the live final at the Mechanics.
At the final the judges will take the 10 contestants down to four finalists and the winner will be chosen by the audience. In addition to the cash prize of £500 for the winner, the final four will take part in a ticket only event at Kokos where they will be invited to perform in front of managers and agents.
Not only will this great competition put Burnley’s talent in the spotlight but it will also boost Pendleside Hospice as it is being organised by Burnley Mayoress’s Committee in aid of the Mayor’s charity for the hospice. The cost for acts to enter Burnley’s Got Talent is £1 per person, admission to auditions is £1 and tickets for the final are £7.50 adults and £5 children.
• The search for talent begins on Sunday, October 9th, at Koko’s with auditions for those aged 14 and under, from noon.
• Auditions for cheerleaders and dance troupes: Sunday, October 16th, from noon.
• Auditions for ages 15 to 30: Thursday, October 20th, 7 p.m.
• Auditions for 31 years and over: Thursday, October 27th, 7 p.m.
• Auditions for bands, duos, groups and choirs: Thursday, November 3rd 7 p.m.
• To enter pick up an application form from the Burnley Express, ASDA, Burnley Market Hall office, Koko’s or click here to download.
• Burnley’s Got Talent sponsors are Koko’s, KM Chartered Accountants, Euravia, Baldwin Wyatt Solicitors, Alderson & Horan Funeral Services, Cottage Carpets, CGS Glazing and Poshies Cakes.